Archive for January, 2013
Concrete has many practical uses in and around the home. They are create pretty inexpensive but can be widely used in walkways, pathways, driveways and patios. Concrete is durable and at the same time look clean and sleek.
There are various types to choose from. There are concrete which have small stone chips in them. They very properly are able to hide the dirt on accumulated on the driveway. The color and the sizes of the rocks and stones in the concrete vary. There are some who have pets and children at their homes and they need a patio for where they can play. A concrete patio will not get soggy like grass and one can ensure that feet and paws are not stained. Concrete walls are safe and durable. Concrete around the pool area is also vital to prevent any kind of danger or mishap.
There are loads of practical uses of concrete therefore.
Everyone, including your child will love a decorated kid room. A well decorated kids room will inspire them in many ways. It’ll have a positive effect on the mind of your kid and refresh them emotionally. For decorating a kid’s room, there are a lot of ideas around, some of them are listed below:
• Kids room should have nice and bold wall colors. Bright colors will enhance and refresh the mind.
• Hang some wonderful and simple wall arts or wallpapers.
• You can include some hand crafted art work in the room for inspiration.
• Some removable wall paintings are available, that can glow in the night without the need of lights.
• For display of their own art, a galvanized magnetic board can be used. This is cheap and readily available.
• Another important item is the bed, if there’s more than one kid in the room, it’s better to use a furniture with multiple beds.
Selecting a perfect sink for the kitchen and bathroom is very important. First we have to look up the working condition and usability of sink and then its style. People who are tough on sinks or choose solid surface counters like granite, stainless steel sink is better for them than enamel-coated cast iron sink. Solid surface sink is one of oldest type of sinks. It is easy to clean up and need low maintenance .There are several styles of newer composite sink available in market with a lower cost and multiple color but it is not as durable as the other options. One oversized bowl or two bowl sink is adequate for kitchens.
Double bowl sink is important for the kitchen. The single bowl sink is best for bathrooms. The important factors for selecting sink are material, configuration and mounting. The size of sink, number of bowls, bowl orientation, holes are accounted for in the configuration.
If you are very proficient at furnishing and decorating your room then you must not forget about the corners of your room. A well furnished room demands further concern for the corner as well. The bareness of an ending curve can completely harm the arrangement of the room. You may also receive the appreciations of your neighbor and guest for a perfectly done corner. Placing a coat rack or an umbrella stand in the corner will make the look quite boring.
Suggestively you can place an electric fireplace in the corner of a big room; it will fill the emptiness as well as give a little warmth to the room. The corner of your room can be decorated by positioning a piece of art over there. It can be of cane, wood, even of bone china as well. Other than that a flowering plant tub can add a refreshing look to the entire room also.
Popcorn ceilings or acoustic ceilings are those which have a typical rugged, cottage cheese look. These were used extensively in kitchens, motels and inns and bathrooms as well. They were known to be very durable and they also were known to reduce noise. But the poll7ution board said that these are extremely dangerous for heath as they might contain asbestos which can lead to respiratory problems.
Some houses still have popcorn ceilings and many people are starting to replace them one by one. If you too have a popcorn ceiling then you can use a spray bottle and moisten the ceiling. Then all you have to do is carefully start scarping. It doesn’t matter if the scarping isn’t perfect as you would then have to sue putty to smoothen out the edges. You then have to create a layer of ceiling material which is non asbestos base to cover every inch of it. You can also ask an asbestos-abatement company to come and help you have a new ceiling.
The bedroom is an important room in every home. Everyone will like to have a great looking bedroom, a good looking bedroom will refresh the mind. For this a bedroom has to be decorated using some simple techniques, easily available décor items and at low cost. These decors will save on space too, here is, how to do it…
• Try to make a statement by creating a bold and colorful bedroom. You can use different textured pillow covers and bed sheets.
• Hang your own wall painting or wood art.
• Along with windows, add a good sized mirror, this can act as a window as well.
• Extra bed sheets and blankets can be stored under the bed.
• Try to hide your bureau inside the wall itself.
• Place a small desk near the bed, for keeping books and magazines.
• Take advantage of the wall space and create an open shelf to place bedroom related items.