Archive for May, 2016
Before you start to troubleshoot your plumbing problems, first of all you need to find the common plumbing problems. For getting rid of the common plumbing problems, first of all you need to find the cause of these common plumbing problems. Excessive water usage, slow drains, noises, low water pressure or such other elements which are relating to the elements of your system of plumbing. Here are some of the steps which will help you to find the source of the common plumbing problems and also give some of the easy and basic repairs for each and every type of problems.
This step may seem as simple as it may even not come in notice in a loud and noisy home. Little bit dripping of water may not seem like too much wastage of water, but during the course of the day this single dripping of drop can amount to wastage of gallons of water. Thus detect such noise of dripping water in your house and repair it as soon as possible. Try to find such noise early in the morning or late at night when the other noise is silent. This is one of the most common plumbing problems.
Look for leak nearby plumbing fixtures
There are several parts of your house where you can find leaks like nearby the walls or near the plumbing fixtures. This is one of the most common plumbing problems which are visible in each and every house. Pipes which contain water under pressure can usually become corroded. They can also develop loose fittings or they can even get crack because of freezing. This can cause continuous loss of water till the time it is repaired. Hence it is advisable to hunt for such common plumbing problems and get it repaired as soon as possible. Mold or mildew or any of the darkened surfaces or even puddles of water might be caused below the leaked part of the house and through this you can detect any of the leaks prevailing in your house. If there is any issue inside the wall cavity you might have to remove the plaster, wallboard or paneling to remove the issue or make it correct.
There is also possibility of pipes getting sweat when cold water passes through tem in warm interior spaces in the home. This is also one of the most common problems seen in every home which needs to be fixed on a speedy basis.
Check in the vanity and sinks
Take a torch or flashlight and follow the path of exposed pipes to look for droplets of water which will get collected at the lower section before totally dropping off. Also run your fingertips along the sides of these pipes and check out for the signs of wetness. If you find this issue don’t think way too much as it is also one of the most common plumbing problems which need to be detected and to be fixed as quickly as possible.
Check out for noises
When your water closet has a seal leak, the tank of your washroom will drain slowly over some period of time till the time the water level drops properly for the float valve to get open and replenish it. Sticking flush valves is also a very common plumbing problem just like the dripping faucets, high flow and leaking seals which cause a lot of wastage of water. Check out the commodes or the supply valves on lavatories if there is any leakage in it.
Check out your water meter
Municipal water systems take into account use of a meter to check out the amount of water used and also by turning off all the appliances and all the faucets which consume the water and the flow to your home will be stopped. Find out your water meter and also read the amount which is displayed on your water meter. After noting the reading wait for one or two hour and then read it again to check that whether the water has gone through it or not when nothing was being used in your home. If your plumbing fixtures are having small problems then it will not be able to move your meter within short period of time thus these small leaks will be difficult to detect by using this water meter method.
Identify drain issues
There are many common plumbing problems which is relating to drains and you must be wasting lots of water if your plumbing fixtures are having any issue with drain. Some of the drain issues can be like this.
- Slow tub or sink drains
- Backing up of water in the shower, sink or bathtub
- Being wet of the areas in the lawn section nearby drain piping
- Wet areas along the floor in the room which is adjacent to walls or in the walls which are containing drain pipes.
- Irritating sound of bubbling or guggling when water is draining.
Decide the extent of slow drain
Slow drain is typically common plumbing problems. If there is any problem in the kitchen sinks only then that means that drain line or the sink trap which connects to the larger pipes which is additionally carrying water from the other sinks like the bathtub and the commode. Thus detect which sink is having slow drain and get this one of the common plumbing problems fixed very easily.
Flush the drain which is not operating properly
In case of a bathroom sink or the kitchen sink, you can stop the drain and fill it up with hot water from the faucet itself. When you unstop the plug, water will be draining into the material which is clogging up the pipes if grease or something like that is clogging up then sink then it would be dissolved with the hot water.
Either we are having bigger home or the small one, we always have the issues of extra space in our place right? I know all the home owners have this issues which they want to solve up too. Well, and then let me tell you that there are many ways which can help you up in adding space to your home. You just need to understand well the foundation of your home and not only that but the total study of your home so that you can get better about adding space to your home. Some of the people think that adding space to your home is considered to be an art which the home owners comply with in their home.
Well, this article will help you in knowing that which things will guide you up in a better manner to add space to your home which can help you in keeping all your things which are becoming the issue of problem in your home. there are certain things which the home owners must keep in mind at the time of dealing with the matter of adding space to your home like the area which you want to be spacious, the things which you are going to install for adding space to your home must be suitable for your home, etc. and many such things which they should attract at the time of complying with the process of adding space to your home.
Adding space to your home
- At the time of going for the process of adding space to your home you must take certain things in to consideration like the optimum utilization of each and every space which you think can be considered for the matters of adding space to your home. You can add up the extra things from the walls of your home and make some space over there so that you can easily keep the things in it.
- Secondly make the use of the bed which is installed in your home as the matters of adding space to your home. Make the space in your bed and the bottom surface so that all the things can get adjusted in it and the extra things which are annoying you can be installed in it in a better manner.
- If you think that there is nothing more in the house from which you can adjust up thing in it that you can go for certainly a table which can help you in storage up the things it so that it does not feel up in your home. Adding space to your home in this manner will help you in dealing with the process in a better way too.
- You can go for such sofas or bench in your home which can get the hidden ideas in it. Means when it is covered it seems to be bench or a sofa but when it is uncovered it can help you in keeping the things which you want to store in it.
- I hope this article will help you in knowing the exact things which you wanted to get the knowledge of when you are panning of adding space to your home.
- As we all know the importance of space in our home because of more space we can easily get the things install in our home which can help us in many matters such as keeping all the things in a better manner, you can add up your things which you wanted to install in your home, etc. and many more if the things can be dealt with the help of installing and getting the ideas of adding space to your home.
- If you have the collection of wines than you can go for the counter top which is considered to be the best option for the matters of adding space to your home. and today the trend has been set for the matters of using racks or wooden table which can help you in keeping the wines on its place in a nice manner which can not only solve up with your issue of space built which can help you in getting a nice looks which will help you in adding space to your home.
- If you are having any garden area than you can go for the garden bench by adding up storage in it which can help you in storing up things which you see to be more in your garden area. Well to manage you’re all the tools which you need for the matters of gardening in your home you can store it in it so that you can get the access whenever you are in need of it.
- Not only that but you can also go for installing knee wall dresser which can help you in managing your clothes and many other things which you can go for in the drawers which are being placed over there. It can also consider as the hidden drawers which can help you in taking less space in your home which you can install in the walls of your home. It depends up on the home owners that which size they want to go for, they can go for the large size and also for the lowest one which can help the home not only look good but it also helps the home in adding spaces to your home which you want to comply with.
Are you tired of your same boring old room? Your room should be fresh and refreshing as it is the place where you start your day and end up your day. Your room is one such place from where you can escape from all the drama of the world. When we are bored of our same look, we usually go for makeover. Then why this not for your room? Yes, exactly when you are bored with your old room you need to give your room makeover. Giving your room makeover might sound like it’s a really difficult thing but trust make it is not that difficult. You just have do some minor changes and you will be able to give your room makeover. Giving your room makeover is very interesting and joyful. You must be having some description regarding your room and when it does not look like that description this means that it’s the time to give your room makeover. Giving your room makeover is just similar to that of organizing your room or renovating your room. Here are some of the tips which will give your room makeover.
Clean your room
If you have a real dirty room then it is very important to clean if you want to give your room makeover. Your room will look far more beautiful without any kind of clutter. A messy room is always unsuitable if you are planning to give your room makeover.
Plan out your room
If you are giving your makeover then it is very important to plan the things. You need to have a pre definite plan for your room as to how you want your room to look like or else you will end up giving your room makeover which you don’t even like and there stands no meaning of giving your room makeover. So to avoid such situation it is important to plan your room and details regarding it. Without plan you will face more trouble while giving your room makeover and thus avoid it as much as possible.
Decide your color scheme
Please while giving your room makeover don’t select your favorite colors. I know it is very difficult but control yourself. By selecting your favorite color while giving your room makeover might result that it doesn’t suit the room and you will be bored of it very soon. Pick out such a color for your room which you have seen and cherished throughout your life on walls. You can take help of color wheel, the colors placed next to each other go well with each other and hence if you want a combination of colors while giving your room makeover then you can get idea from this. The colors which are placed opposite to each other generally contrast with each other and hence they can also be a good choice while giving your room makeover. You can try using the color scheme of 60-30-10. Even the professionals are using these schemes. Thus this scheme can prove really beneficial to you. According to this scheme, 60 % of the room is covered by the main color while 30% of the room is covered by the secondary color while 10 % of the room is covered by the accent color. This gives a nice color scheme to your room and makes your room creative.
Always keep a theme of color in your mind. Theme does not signify that you need to have some 1980s theme or a theme like baseball ground but just have a fair idea as to what type of room you want. If you want a room which is sweet and innocent then you must go for baby blue color, it will perfectly fit your needs. If you are having baby blue color then goes for white furnishing as it is a good combination. If you are a person who likes funky things in their room while giving your room makeover then you must go for vibrant and bright colors. While giving your room makeover, you can also try contrast colors like lime green and orange this will also satisfy your funky look. If you are confused about the colors then you have a look at the paint shop you will get a fair idea and will be successful in giving your room makeover. You can also try highlighting while giving your room makeover. Highlighting means when you paint small part of your room in bright color like windowsills and make sure your main color should be plain while while highlight a certain part. By doing so, that color will pop up and add a great accent to your room and give your room makeover in a great way.
Flooring is a very active factor while giving your room makeover. Which type of flooring you prefers carpet, tile or paneling? If your current flooring is old and you are bored with it then you can install new flooring or change the color of your flooring or can change the material of the flooring. But the main fact is that you can afford it. If you are opting for carpeting while giving your room makeover then you can get lot of options for adding up rugs to your room of multiple colors and it can make your room really creative and funky.
Choose a particular atmosphere
Atmosphere is like how you want your room to feel like. This is very important factor while giving your room makeover. If you want cozy kind of feeling in your room then you should try covering your lights to add soft and cozy feeling to your room you can also try draping fabrics and hangings from your ceiling and you can also use small lamps instead of flood of lights so that you get dim lighting in your room. If you want dark room and foreboding room and you are a kind of person who play harsh music and loud music and like everything messy, then you should use darker shades of color at the end of the spectrum.
Maintaining painted surfaces can make them look like new even after years have passed. Maintaining painted surface makes you feel like you have painted just now even after significant time have passed. But maintaining painted surfaces do need some of the effort on regular base. You need to clean up the dust and stains from the surface and give your paint slight touch up as and when needed. Don’t take this maintaining painted surface job very lightly and use anything you like on your surface. By using incorrect cleaning product and incorrect method your paint can be deteriorated. Thus for maintaining painted surface there lies some tricks and techniques. Here are some of the tips which will help you to maintain painted surfaces without damaging it.
Remove dirt from the painted surface
The first and foremost step towards maintaining painted surfaces is to remove dirt and dust from the painted surface. Take a feather duster or you can also use a dry cloth to remove dirt and dust from the surface. When you start dusting, start your way from the top and come towards the end. Lay some newspapers so the falling dust does not make your floor dirty. While maintaining painted surface doesn’t keep your floor on side, do care for it also.
- Scrub your painted surface with water. Soap and other cleaning material is not needed when you are cleaning painted surfaces which are just lightly soiled.
- If the dust is hard and sticks on the surface then mix mild soap and water in a bowl or bucket. If stain does not go with plain water then scrub this solution on the stain on your painted surface.
- After that clean the surface with plain water to remove the residue of soap.
- Many of the times you also leave finger print on your painted surface to get of it, dip a sponge or wash cloth in soapy water, take the cloth out and rub on your painted surface in circular motion this will remove all the fingerprints and spots of fingerprints from the wall.
- After every cleaning with soap or any other solution, clean your painted surface with plain water.
- While maintaining painted surfaces, also pay little focus on the corners, switches and baseboards. Dirt builds up easily and fast around the areas which are either used more in the routine or are ignored totally while cleaning.
- After cleaning with water, dry it out with a towel.
Clean tough stains
There are certain stubborn stains which do not come out with water and soap they need other cleaning solutions.
- Make a mixture of magnesium, sulfate and water and clean up the dust with that mixture.
- If you have crayon on your wall then for maintaining your painted surface, you need to clean it up with a spray lubricant.
- If you spot any mildew on your painted surface then make sure to eliminate that adding some bleach to the sponge and scrubbing the sponge on the area where you spot mildew. After that clean it up with normal water and let it dry for some time.
Touch up the paint
Giving final touch up to the painted surface is very important as without that your wall will not looked finished and beautiful.
- Add some of the latex primer to the surface. After you add it let it remain and it dry in a proper manner.
- You must use the original paint for doing the touch ups. Proper touch ups is very important for maintaining your painted surface.
- If you are even buying the same color then also it is not going to work as each and every can of paint bit of a different shade.
- If you really want to maintain your painted surface then you must go for the original paint and not only that you must also use the same tool which you used while doing your original coat of paint. The size of your toll you use for painting your wall does not matter but the thing which matters is the type and quality of the tool you use for painting your wall. For maintaining your painted surface it is really very important to choose the right type of tool to get the best results. For example you must use a paint roller for doing the touch ups and maintaining your painted surface, if you have used the paint roller for the original coat of paint.
- While initiating the work of maintaining your painted surface, you must start painting from the area which lies in the middle. While painting, move the brush or roller towards the outer edges of the spot so that you can blend in with the dry paint.
- Allow the paint to dry. Have a look at your paint in various lighting situations and conditions and check out if the areas of touch up are proper or not. If it is proper there is no issue at all. But if it is not proper and don’t look good then apply another coat and spare some time and blend the touch up area with other areas of the wall.
- For maintaining your painted surface, you must try and wash your wall time and again if you have someone who smokes around your wall time and again. If you don’t do so stains of smoke might build up on your painted surfaces and this might ruin your whole process of maintaining your painted surface.
- If you really want to maintain your painted surface and you are out of original can of paint then pick a new paint color and repaint the whole wall with that new paint color.
- While cleaning and maintaining your painted surface, you might want the best result and want your wall properly cleaned and for that you use abrasive cleaning products. By using these harsh chemicals you might result in scratching the paint.
Things you will need
- Duster or dry cloth
- Original can of paint
- Paint roller or paint brush
- Latex primer
- Spray lubricant