Maintaining painted surfaces can make them look like new even after years have passed. Maintaining painted surface makes you feel like you have painted just now even after significant time have passed. But maintaining painted surfaces do need some of the effort on regular base. You need to clean up the dust and stains from the surface and give your paint slight touch up as and when needed. Don’t take this maintaining painted surface job very lightly and use anything you like on your surface. By using incorrect cleaning product and incorrect method your paint can be deteriorated. Thus for maintaining painted surface there lies some tricks and techniques. Here are some of the tips which will help you to maintain painted surfaces without damaging it.
Remove dirt from the painted surface
The first and foremost step towards maintaining painted surfaces is to remove dirt and dust from the painted surface. Take a feather duster or you can also use a dry cloth to remove dirt and dust from the surface. When you start dusting, start your way from the top and come towards the end. Lay some newspapers so the falling dust does not make your floor dirty. While maintaining painted surface doesn’t keep your floor on side, do care for it also.
- Scrub your painted surface with water. Soap and other cleaning material is not needed when you are cleaning painted surfaces which are just lightly soiled.
- If the dust is hard and sticks on the surface then mix mild soap and water in a bowl or bucket. If stain does not go with plain water then scrub this solution on the stain on your painted surface.
- After that clean the surface with plain water to remove the residue of soap.
- Many of the times you also leave finger print on your painted surface to get of it, dip a sponge or wash cloth in soapy water, take the cloth out and rub on your painted surface in circular motion this will remove all the fingerprints and spots of fingerprints from the wall.
- After every cleaning with soap or any other solution, clean your painted surface with plain water.
- While maintaining painted surfaces, also pay little focus on the corners, switches and baseboards. Dirt builds up easily and fast around the areas which are either used more in the routine or are ignored totally while cleaning.
- After cleaning with water, dry it out with a towel.
Clean tough stains
There are certain stubborn stains which do not come out with water and soap they need other cleaning solutions.
- Make a mixture of magnesium, sulfate and water and clean up the dust with that mixture.
- If you have crayon on your wall then for maintaining your painted surface, you need to clean it up with a spray lubricant.
- If you spot any mildew on your painted surface then make sure to eliminate that adding some bleach to the sponge and scrubbing the sponge on the area where you spot mildew. After that clean it up with normal water and let it dry for some time.
Touch up the paint
Giving final touch up to the painted surface is very important as without that your wall will not looked finished and beautiful.
- Add some of the latex primer to the surface. After you add it let it remain and it dry in a proper manner.
- You must use the original paint for doing the touch ups. Proper touch ups is very important for maintaining your painted surface.
- If you are even buying the same color then also it is not going to work as each and every can of paint bit of a different shade.
- If you really want to maintain your painted surface then you must go for the original paint and not only that you must also use the same tool which you used while doing your original coat of paint. The size of your toll you use for painting your wall does not matter but the thing which matters is the type and quality of the tool you use for painting your wall. For maintaining your painted surface it is really very important to choose the right type of tool to get the best results. For example you must use a paint roller for doing the touch ups and maintaining your painted surface, if you have used the paint roller for the original coat of paint.
- While initiating the work of maintaining your painted surface, you must start painting from the area which lies in the middle. While painting, move the brush or roller towards the outer edges of the spot so that you can blend in with the dry paint.
- Allow the paint to dry. Have a look at your paint in various lighting situations and conditions and check out if the areas of touch up are proper or not. If it is proper there is no issue at all. But if it is not proper and don’t look good then apply another coat and spare some time and blend the touch up area with other areas of the wall.
- For maintaining your painted surface, you must try and wash your wall time and again if you have someone who smokes around your wall time and again. If you don’t do so stains of smoke might build up on your painted surfaces and this might ruin your whole process of maintaining your painted surface.
- If you really want to maintain your painted surface and you are out of original can of paint then pick a new paint color and repaint the whole wall with that new paint color.
- While cleaning and maintaining your painted surface, you might want the best result and want your wall properly cleaned and for that you use abrasive cleaning products. By using these harsh chemicals you might result in scratching the paint.
Things you will need
- Duster or dry cloth
- Original can of paint
- Paint roller or paint brush
- Latex primer
- Spray lubricant
Cleaning your attic space is probably not your idea to be spent in the free time, right? I know whenever it states of cleaning any of the part of your home, we feel like just to avoid it but let me specify you that it is considered to be an important part of your home which you need to comply with. Well, if you will ask me than in accordance to my views, cleaning your attic space is considered to be very important because we all know the advantages and disadvantages of maintaining the attic space in your home. Cleaning your attic space will help you in complying with many of your work which can be appropriate for your home. Moreover the dust, dirt, messes, etc. Are such things which each and every home owners run away from. So the further discussion will help you in getting all the information which you need for the matters of cleaning your attic space which is being present in your home.
This article will help you in dealing with the aspects regarding the ways and the methods which can help you in the matters of cleaning your attic space which you have installed in your home. well, there are certain things which you need to keep in mind at the time of complying with the process of cleaning your attic space like the things which you are going to need must be ready first, pre managing things which you will need, the materials, tools, etc. and many such of the things which are the factors of complying with the process of cleaning your attic space in your home.
How to clean your attic space at your home
- You might be thinking that why are we discussing about cleaning your attic space, because it is considered to be basic thing which every home owners know to comply with but the scenario is actually different. You must know not only the basic knowledge but also have the access towards important facts which can be considered to be taking the note of it too. Not a single thing which you need to look at in your attic space but there are many aspects which must be taken in to consideration in your attic room when it comes for the question of cleaning your attic space in your home.
- First and the foremost thing which you need to comply with when you are taking the process of cleaning your attic are to examine the things which you need to treat. Yes, all the walls, the ventilation which is being supplied or provided in your attic space, the insulation of attic space which can help you in dealing in the cold temperature to keep you home warm, etc. and many such things must be examine in a better manner so that you can get the better idea about the stuffs which you are going to conduct in your home at the time of cleaning your attic space in your home.
- Now it is time to clean your attic space. You can take the help of the vacuum cleaner which can help you in removing and attracting each and every dust particle which is being the issue or problem for the matters of cleaning your attic space at your home. it is advisable to go for such type of vacuum which has more of the strong power because we all know the fact that we are not going to clean your attic space on a regular base but we clean it in one of the middle day of the year. Not only that but before using the vacuum you can go for dusting up your window frames and walls, this will help you in removing and un stabilizing all the dust which is present on the walls and other things and then with the help of the vacuum cleaner you can suction up all the dust and the dirt which you observe in your attic space at the time of cleaning your attic space which is installed in your home.
- Now it is the time to insulate your attic space. Well, if you will insulate your attic space than it is going to give you many of the advantages which can be considered in the favor of the home owners only. Because if you will insulate your attic space than it will help you in keeping your home warm in the cold temperature because we all know that attic space is considered to be having hollow space and this will create more of the air pressure, for complying with this thing you can take the help of the insulation which can help you in getting all your lowering of the cost factor or the energy consumption of your home. But it is more advisable to clean your attic space first and then go for insulating it.
- Another thing which can help you in the matters of dealing with the process of cleaning your attic space in your home is to identify the unsealed area in your attic and seal it up in a better manner. Many times we observe that our attic space is being dirty and getting messy, you know what are the reasons for it? Then let me help you in this matter. It is just because of the open spaces which you observe ion your attic space. So it is advisable to go for sealing it so that you can easily get it done and keep and maintain your attic space which is being available in your home. Considering these basic issues of cleaning your attic space and clearing it out will help you in dealing with the process of cleaning your attic space in your home in a smooth manner and all the things will be declared than on its place. This article will [provide you will all the knowledge which you are in need of at the time of complying with the process of cleaning your attic space in your home.
Once you have decided to renovate your kitchen what next? Of course that’s the confusing point as to what to do next to renovate your kitchen. Where to start is also another complicated situation. In such situations, homeowners usually start collecting all those pictures and images or any other thing which they like about kitchen or they start to look directly for the appliances of kitchen. While renovating your kitchen you prefer either increasing the space of your kitchen or you just upgrade your kitchen in the same space. The research work of renovating your kitchen starts even before a year you begin your project. In this stage of one year, they explore different options, search for new trends, and investigate for price fluctuating in the market. Some of you also start meeting contractors and kitchen designers before renovating your kitchen. Once you are satisfied with exploring the ideas of renovating your kitchen, and you have pondered enough with the choices and options, now it’s the high time to show the work. While this time of research of renovating your kitchen and collecting ideas about renovating your kitchen, you might have collected a huge stock. Now the difficulty arises when you gather all of them together, you will definitely have lots of confusion as to which one to opt and which one to leave. That’s when this article will work as a guide. Here are stepwise process about renovating your kitchen without any complication and stage of confusion.
Think what you need
This step is totally about you and your usage of kitchen. Renovating your kitchen should blend in with your lifestyle. The features and layout should be such which fit in with household styles and trends of yours. Now start making collection of pictures or videos or anything which can help you in your project of renovating your kitchen. You can also visit kitchen showroom for ideas or you can also go through magazines and get some idea from it. Don’t just collect any pictures or ideas think about the space and footprint of your kitchen and gather ideas relating to that. Don’t waste time on collecting stuff which don’t even relate to your kitchen. After that start setting up your priorities. Think how many people will be there in your kitchen cooking? Will all of them be having enough space to move around? Is the current space enough or you need to have addition in space while renovating your kitchen?
Gather your collection, ideas and priorities at one place and in organized manner. Keep a folder along with you or make a scrapbook kind of thing for gathering ideas and stuff relating to renovating your kitchen.
Research and plan
The first step should be research after you are done with the research, you must plan your project of renovating your kitchen. Make yourself such prepared then once you show the green there is no hurdle in between which blocks you up from completing the task of renovating your kitchen as quickly as possible. The best thing to start with is deciding the scope of work and planning out your budget. It is natural thing that whatever you decide at this initial stage is prone to changes but at least you have some direction and set standards to follow. You don’t need to be much conscious and tensed as this thing is going to change and this is not the only chance. Budget and scope of work are interrelated in one or the other way and thus both of them will fluctuate through the process of renovating your kitchen. It keeps on changing during the design process as you get more knowledge and education once start renovating your kitchen. After you will able to create a balance between what you can afford and what you want. This step is totally educational and fluctuating.
Hire good professional
If you think that renovating your kitchen is a total DIY project then you are totally wrong. At some point or the other you are going to need profession al so better you hire at the beginning only so the risk and probability of failure decreases and you have ease and comfort renovating your kitchen. Professional can also guide you while selecting the appliances and other stuff as he is more knowledgeable and experienced. You are anyways going to need a professional for the works like plumbing, electrical work and installing kitchen cabinets so it is advisable hire him in advance only. It is good to plan in advance only so that you can also calculate the cost of professional while making your budget of renovating your kitchen.
This step of renovating your kitchen includes making floor plans, making sketches and space planning and elevations which show cabinet’s size and layout. It is very important to focus on layout and floor planning but most of them are interesting on the end result as to how your kitchen will look like. But in the temptation of getting the end result don’t forget to give importance to the essential and small detailing. Sometimes the curiosity to get the end result and focusing on look end up with improper floor planning and then having regrets regarding space issues. Thus it is advisable to not to get distracted by look at the initial stage and focus on the essential elements.
Apart from this, you need to decide what materials you need where and how many square feet will be needed and how much will all this cost. All this things must be discussed with the contractor in the primary phase only and then carry on with the remaining stuff.
Thinking of remodeling your kitchen? Well after deciding it that you want to remodel your kitchen, there are certain steps which you need to comply with when you are thinking for this situation in your home. Well, let me help you, as you might be thinking that from where to start from right? You can take the help of the internet which will help you in designing and giving you better ideas about the remodeling your kitchen which you are in need of in your home. As people have different perception so as the home owners, everyone have their different plans for remodeling your kitchen and this process can be complied by you in a better manner if you are focusing on it.
This article will help you in getting all the things and knowledge which you are in need of at the time of remodeling your kitchen which is installed in your home. There are certain things which you need to keep in mind at the time of remodeling your kitchen like the time which you are taking, some important decisions, the budget which you have planned for your kitchen remodeling, etc. and many such of the things which you need to comply with when you are going with the process of remodeling your kitchen which is installed in your home.
How to remodel your kitchen
- I know you might be thinking that from where to start with the process of remodeling your kitchen which is installed in your home but let me tell you the most important thing which you need to comply first is to look for the budget which you have decided for the matters of remodeling your kitchen. Well, it depends up on the home owners that some of the home owners have more of their budget to get it done with the process of remodeling your kitchen, while some of the home owners have fewer budgets which do not want their more of the investment to be shared on it.
- After complying with this thing now it is time to decide with the thing which you need in your kitchen at the time of remodeling your kitchen which is installed in your home. All this things depends up on the layout and the budget which you have decided for the process. Because remodeling your kitchen will help you in the lifestyle of your home and thus will increase up and enhance the beauty of your home. First thing at the time of going for this is to get all the details and knowledge for all the sources because this will help you in dealing with different ideas which you can comply with in your home.
- Another thing which you need to comply with is to go for the research and planning criteria about the remodeling your kitchen. Because both the things are equally important to be complied with weather it is the planning or getting deal with the budget. Well, if you will ask me than it accordance to my knowledge it can be considered to budget and planning goes parallel to each other and thus you need to deal with both of it in a better manner. Planning is considered to be the green light for your process to go on because it is considered to be the thing and indication that now it is time to deal with the remodeling your kitchen with is installed in your home.
- Another important thing which the home owners must comply with at the time of dealing with the process of remodeling your kitchen is to hire the professional contractor which can help you in a better manner to get coordinated with the things which you are in need of at the time of dealing with the further process. There are many benefits of hiring a professional contractor because they have better knowledge of the things that which are going to suit in your kitchen at the time of getting done with the process.
- Now it is the time to deal with the fixtures and furnishing which you want in your home to be installed. There are many trends which has took place in this year which not only gives you the fantastic look but will also help you in dealing with the enhanced and well, I can say it to be hybrid look of your kitchen which you want at the time of remodeling your kitchen. With the help of the contractor now it is the time to design of the whole of the kitchen criteria which you want in your home. The systematic plan on paper which can help you in designing the kitchen with all the satisfaction which you are in need of.
- Well, if you will ask me than remodeling your kitchen is not an easy thing but there are many things which are involved in it. It is considered to be a long process which can take more of time so it is important for the home owners to carry forward the process which you are in need of. After complying with the plan of your remodeling your kitchen with the contractor now it is the time to take for the estimates which you are in need of from the contractor which you have hired. Because it is very clear that all the contractors have their different rates and estimates which can help you in dealing with the process of remodeling your kitchen.
- At the end you must comply with all the furniture and fixtures which you are planning of in your kitchen so that it can help you in getting your kitchen to be new brand which you exactly wanted in your home. Hope so that this article will help you in dealing with all the thing which you like in your kitchen and in fact which you need to tend in your kitchen at the time of remodeling your kitchen which is installed in your home.
Buying an old house is not a bad thing. There are many people who love to buy an old house. Buying an old house can be risky as you can face certain problems which you don’t have any idea of and has to suffer a lot. But you can avoid it by taking some precautions and checking certain things before buying an old house. There are many people who love to buy an old house as they are a good antique and it gives a nostalgic appeal of any ancient home whose walls have a great and enriched history. Buying an old house has a benefit as they have such amazing features which most of the new homes lacks. Those huge wood burning fireplaces, wood moldings and trims and amazing ceilings with rustic wood beams, these all are such extraordinary features which do not come with new homes. Buying an old house gives you a royal and historic touch. Along with such beautiful features old houses also has certain issues plumbing, wiring, old furnishings and such other things. Certain issues are such which can be tackled easily if you are buying an old house but there are some of the issues which cannot be tackled. Thus it is really important to know some of the things before you buy an old house.
Buying an old house comes with old building materials and old technology
When you are buying an old house, technology installed in it is also old and the materials used would also be old. Buying an old house with old technology and materials is not a bad thing as old things are much more durable and long lasting. This much good durability and long lasting qualities are not seen in today’s home and that’s the reason why this old house is standing still that too with giving appealing looks. Today’s builders do not invest much of the time for dove tail wooden joints or huge wooden ceiling beams and this are the things which you see in a old house and you fall in love with them and ten to buy an old house.
But this appealing and loving old house also has certain drawbacks which must be checked before you make the decision to buy an old house. When talking about technology, old houses possess very ancient methods for heating, wiring, roofing, plumbing, windows and insulation. This means you need to do a lot of expense changing all these things and you need to make a lump sum investment. Thus it is advisable to hire some of the experts, contractors, foundation experts and engineers and take a look at the situation of the old house you are willing to buy before you make any life changing decision. If you are buying an old house, it is for sure a life changing decision as this house will be like your new baby and having baby is expensive. All the cost you need to incur after purchase must be calculated before you rush into the decision of buying any historic and ancient place as however good an old house look, it is still old and anything old has some or the other issues.
Buying an old house gives character which hard to find
Solid wood doors made by craftsman, wide plank wooden floors, front porches are some of the reasons why you get attracted towards buying an old house. Old houses have certain character of its own and it makes you fall in love with them and this love stays forever. But this character can prove to be quite costly. But you can also import such character in newly built home up to certain extent. It cannot be totally imported but still it can save you from cost of repair and remodel. However if you are buying an old house you get an already set neighborhood, a giant old oak tree in the front yard and a steady environment. But if you opt for newly built house, there is uncertain neighborhood and constant changes on the name of development. You cannot get a quaint and stable neighborhood and a beautiful tree lined street overnight, for that time should pass and place should get old. Hence if you buy an old house then only you can get everything in place and already established. The debate of buying an old house with character or building a new house and try to add features of old house will always continue and both of them has pros and cons of its own. Ultimately it depends upon the homeowner or the buyer to choose the best possible option according to his liking.
Buying an old house may need remodeling
The current desire which most of the homeowner have for their home is to have a huge and open floor plans and very large closets along with huge and spacious bathrooms and bedrooms. Before long time, this was not the desire and ultimate plan of the people and thus homes were not designed and built in that way.
If you buy an old house, it would be having a single bathroom, couple of bedrooms but with small size and lots and lots of scarcity of storage and closet space. It is possible to fall in love with the ancient décor and stuff but it is not at all possible to adjust with the same space with your family. Once you move in you feel like your home is overfilled with people. There will be very little space in closet and hence you will feel totally mess and very soon you will be dreaming to have a giant bathroom for kids. Thus most of the old house has to go through the phase of remodeling before you start living in there. Thus you must also consider the cost of remodeling and expansion before you decide to buy an old house.
Your walls might be perfect and doing the right contribution to your home in its beauty and elegance. But that does not mean that it should be simply kept hanging. There are many ways which will help to pull the weight of the wall along with adding charm and functionality of every room of your house. Here are some of the ways to get started with.
If you think of giving your wall some of the importance rather than thinking of it just as a simple flat surface then you are availed with many of the opportunities to get of the box and have some innovating ideas to apply on your wall. Start with the texture, imagine what kind of textures you would love to see in your house and what type of feeling you want to have while you are at home. If you want romantic feeling then opt for lightweight or soft textures. If you want to go for subdued options then it will give you somewhat snug feeling.
Wallpaper is a good source and option for ejecting feeling and a different personality to your room. There are plenty of wallpapers to add textures to your home. Brown is very much in trend and is somewhat into giving edgy designs. They are like crocodile skin and animal prints. For eg they give a feeling like having an animal fur on the wall. It is truly amazing. Fabric is also a great texture for style statement and it is also cheap and gives your wall opulent and lush look.
Know your artwork
This doesn’t mean you need to have a great artwork on your wall but you do need to have some stylish personality there. Your walls are just like a blank canvas and you need to fill it with artistic beauty. Your artwork must define who you are and your personality should math with that of your wall. You should hang your artwork at a height of eye. People have a tendency of hanging it too high which disturbs the balance of the whole room. One of the unique way to keep your artwork is to lean it on the floor near wall or on a side board instead of traditionally hanging it on the wall.
Use ordinary ideas for amazing results
Think of such ideas which will enhance the beauty of your wall along with being useful in day to day activities. The best thing is a mirror. Any room is incomplete without a mirror. You can use a wall leaning mirror or a huge hanging mirror with trendy lighting attached to it. Another option is to make a storage option attached to your wall. It will help you to store your everyday stuff and also beautify the plane and simple wall. This idea is very much essential for those who want to live a large and spacious life in small space. Sometimes very unusual, very simple things also come out to be a good object to beautify your home, you just need to think out of the box and be innovative.
Construction of roofs is not an easy thing. Many criteria, aspects are taken before constructing roofs because preparing a roof is very useful, it protects the house from wind, storm, water, heat, etc not only from that but also from animals. Before placing or structuring your roof preventive steps should be taken into consideration because roofing is constructed at the top of the house and there are many chances of injuries and accidents while the workers constructing the roofs. Such a roofing contractor must be hired who is well experienced in this field and also has the knowledge of its wear and tear. Not only its construction but its maintenance is also the issue of roofing.
The maintenance is very important step which the owner of the house will have to comply with. If the roof is properly maintained than the life of roofs last longer than estimated. Because installation of roof is not less expensive, people cannot afford installing new roof every year. Once the roof is installed at your home it will the same for more than ten years. So it is mandatory to keep a regular check on the roofs constructed in your home. There are many ways that can be useful to you as guiding steps for maintaining the roofs constructed. Here are some points which can help you for your roofing questions.
Points To Be Considered:
- while checking the updates for the roof you have installed if any leakage or drainage is detected than it must be covered and roof flashing should be done so that the life of your roof gets extended.
- Every two or three months the inspection of roofing must be done so that any errors which have arise can be solved. And precaution should be taken before structuring your roof.
- The broken parts or shingles which are constructed on the roof must be repaired on time so that it does not create any huge damage to the roof. Because of its broken shingles there are many chances of water drainage and flashing can be affected.
- There are chances of lichen and algae on the edges of shingles or the tiles fitted on the roof. So a proper cleanser must be done regularly because algae make the durability of the roof less.
- The crakes which arise due to any heavy rainfall or storm should be filled up so that it does not create any bad effect on roof. These crakes can be filled up with the help of cement or any flashing component so that water does not drain from the roof in house.
- The roof should be coated every year for high durability because if the roof is coated properly with color than its life increases as compared to that of not coated. Coating plays an important role which will help in maintaining the roof in a specific manner.
- A roofing plan is to be structured so that it becomes easy for the owner to check the best time to repair and maintain your roof.
The choice of your flooring makes or mars the first impressions of your house. And it’s not just about the color or the pattern but the type of flooring and whether it blends well with the décor of your house. The flooring of your house is a reflection of your personality.
And with so many options, colors, patterns and materials, it becomes all the more difficult to pick that perfect one. The way is to break the process of selection in smaller parts and then go about addressing each of the parts individually.
Determine the style that suits your home
Each one of us has a personal taste. Some like to go for classic and traditional look flooring while some like to go for chic, and some opt for contemporary look while others prefer modern flooring. Analyze all the options and don’t just go for your personal taste, instead choose the one which suits your home as well. It should be a healthy mix of both.
What size of plank or tile will best suit the space of your house?
Flooring not only depends on looks but also on the available space in your house. If you are having a spacious house then you should opt for large or wider wood planks. Large planks give you a feeling of wide spaces. It will best suit your large spaced floor. But if you are troubled with a limited floor space, it would not be a great choice to go for big and wide planks. For smaller floor spaces you should go with narrow wood planks or small sized flooring options.
Select color tone of the flooring according to the natural light inside your home.
If your home lacks natural light and there are darker areas in the house then you should install lighter wood planks. It helps giving your house a fresh look, brightens up the area and it makes your home look more spacious. If you want to add warmth to your house you can go for mid wood planks. It’s also a good match for neutral color schemes. Darker wood tones are very suitable if you want a touch of luxury and richness to your house.
Check the durability factor
Install the flooring which can sustain according to the environment of your home and your surroundings. If you have children and pets you should not install flooring which are sensible to spills, liquid and hard objects. Such flooring would require extra degree of care and maintenance. Go for tough engineered flooring which can resist under hard use. Check out the reputation of your supplier to ensure you are getting what you are paying for. Gohaus is one such good flooring company that we know of that has the expertise and bandwidth to help you with your flooring selection and installation.
To buy an elephant isn’t expensive, it’s the maintenance that will hurt you – goes the adage. It totally depends on you, your ability and your patience levels as to till what level you are ready to do maintenance of your floor. If you are ready to maintain and care for your floor on a regular basis , then go for wood flooring. A wooden flooring adds to the beauty of your house. Both solid and engineered wood need high levels of maintenance. You can protect them by using rugs and runners in the high traffic areas. If you are of the type, who doesn’t want to get into daily maintenance chores for your flooring, then you should be opting for Vinyl flooring. It’s simple and easy to maintain. And gives you as many design options as any other form of wooden flooring. Sheet vinyl flooring is also an easy maintenance material.
Types of flooring material
- It’s less expensive and affordable as compared to other flooring options
- It’s water resistant.
- It’s highly durable.
- Low maintenance
- It can be installed over existing flooring also.
- It’s available in variety of colors along with different natural patterns and textures.
- The layer of vinyl makes it more shock absorbent.
- It’s difficult to repair.
- Moisture can enter into seams between tiles in case of tile form
Luxury vinyl tile
- It possesses long wearing factor (has a long life)
- It is crack resistant.
- It is available in various sizes and colors.
- It is easy to clean.
- Low maintenance
- It is Stain resistant.
- It is sound absorbent.
- It is not suitable for stairs.
- It is waterproof but it’s adhesive is water soluble.
- Carpet flooring is cost effective.
- Carpet flooring is considered to be soft, quite and warm.
- Ease of replacement and upgradation.
- There is also availability of stain resistant fibers.
- There is availability of colors and textures in case of carpet flooring.
- It can easily stain
- Wear can be seen in low quality carpets.
- Stone flooring is a highly durable. Long lasting.
- There is availability of classic designs in stone flooring.
- It provides beauty and natural aesthetic.
- Cost of installation is high compared to other types of flooring material.
- It is highly sensitive to stain and dirt.
- There exists difficulty in repair of stone flooring.
- It should be sealed properly otherwise it risks coming out
- It can be slippery.
- Footprints are easily seen if the surface is dark and glossy.
- It provides a warm and luxurious look.
- It can be refinished.
- It is wear resistant.
- It is long lasting.
- Wood darkens with passage of time
- Wood flooring are difficult to repair specifically uneven patches
- It’s prone to the laws of shrinking and expanding, which can result in creation of gaps and warping.
- It is defenseless to moisture specially Pine wood flooring. Due to moisture it can result in dents
- It is less sensitive to shrinking and expanding.
- The time required in installation of engineered wood flooring is less.
- Some of the engineered wood can be installed below grade.
- Engineered wood is pre-finished so the stain and protective finishes will be more consistent and would last long.
- The end on this type of flooring splits up on off brands.
- Engineered wood flooring can be refinished only once or twice.
- Off brands engineered flooring may have empty space which deteriorates the wood surface.
Flooring for your home is a long term decision and it involves substantial effort, time and money. Each room in your home has its own utility, appeal and objective. What will go good for the drawing room might not be suitable for your kitchen. You would be wanting to have a different flooring for your attic and a different one for your bedroom. You must ensure you have all the information and that you have an expert to guide you through the selection and installation process. At the end of the day, it’s your home and your style statement.
Usually most of the structures of steel are made up from a specific type of steel. This specific type of steel is called mild steel. Mild steel is a type of material which is extremely strong. If you are taking a circular bar of steel which is 1 inch in diameter and you attach it to your ceiling then it has the capacity to hang weight of 20,000 kg or 18 cars of Honda city or two and a half African elephants. This steel is that strong.
This extreme level of strength is very beneficial to buildings. Apart from being strong, steel frames also offers a great level of flexibility. It has a quality of not breaking when it is bending. Thus when your home is having steel framed structure and your home moves at the time of earthquake or high winds. In these situations also steel framing is such that it won’t allow your building to bend or fall. Another benefit of having steel framed building is that it possesses plasticity and ductility. This means that when it is hit with great force then it will not break like glass does but it will slowly bend and go out of shape. However out of shape is far better than breaking. Thus this bending and going out of shape acts like a warning to the residents that they should get out of building. It can save life in this manner.
Failure of steel structure is very rare. In most of the cases, steel is considered to be a better option when there is earthquake as compared to other materials. With such great qualities it also has one limitation and that steel loses its strength easily when it is exposed to fire. Thus steel buildings must be protected from fire and high temperature. To overcome this situation wrapping is done with board or spray on is done on material for fire protection.
Where steel framed structures are used?
Most probably steel construction is used in
- High rise building
It is used in high rise building because of its quality of low eight, strength and speed of construction.
- Industrial buildings
Steel is used in industrial building as it has capacity to create large span spaces at lower cost.
- Warehouse building
Steel is used in warehouse building because it’s costing is lower and it can create large span spaces.
- Residential buildings
Steel is used in residential buildings because of its specific technique of light gauge steel construction.
- Temporary structures
Steel is a material which is easy to set up and remove and thus it is used in the temporary structure.
Weight of steel framed structures
When compared to the concrete structured building, steel framed building is much lighter. Steel framed buildings are 12 times lighter as compared to concrete framed building and thus steel framed buildings are more preferred and beneficial. But you need to be careful as they are light weighted; you need to have a strong foundation so that the wind does not blow away your steel framed building.
Towel radiators help to keep the bathroom warm and also dry and keep the towels and other clothes dry. They are available in home stores and largely found in the online shops. You will find towel radiators in different designs and colors. In fact towel radiators can also be used inside a room. Given below are some of the types of towel radiators:
• Electrical radiators- the main reason why electrical radiators are popular is because they have a great heating capacity and it is easier to regulate the temperature. One drawback of this radiator is it is electricity dependent. However if you are using a solar panel or a generator then it would not be a problem.
• Hydronic radiators- this type of radiator is found in almost all the houses. The installation of hydronic radiators are simple and that is why it is preferred in most of the homes. They are connected to the heating system of your house which not only helps in energy usage but also helps in heat transfer. The best part about hydronic radiators is that they would not affect the electricity bill. One thing that you need to be careful about is the plumbing and heating system of the house.
Installing a towel radiator in your house would be a wise decision. The price of such a device is not much and can be afforded by any family. While renovating a bathroom it is easier to install the towel radiator. Towel radiators have several advantages such as it would keep the interior of the bathroom. If you switch the radiator on after using the bathroom then it will hardly take a few minutes for the bathroom to dry up. In addition to this if you find the interior to be cold during winters than you can switch it on and the bathroom will become warm.